Tips for Hosting a Destination Wedding
Destination weddings are becoming increasingly popular for couples who are looking for a unique setting for their special day. A golf resort can be the perfect backdrop for a destination wedding, offering a luxurious and tranquil atmosphere for the celebration. Here are our tips for hosting a destination wedding!
Destination weddings are becoming increasingly popular for couples who are looking for a unique setting for their special day. A golf resort can be the perfect backdrop for a destination wedding, offering a luxurious and tranquil atmosphere for the celebration. Here are some tips for hosting a destination wedding:
- Research the property: Make sure to do your research and find out as much as you can about the resort you are considering. Consider the amenities that are offered, the location, and the cost. Ask questions about the different packages available and what is included in each one.
- Set a budget: Set a plan for your wedding so you can stay within your budget. Make sure to factor in the cost of transportation, accommodation, food, beverage, theming and any other expenses that could be associated with your destination wedding.
- Check availability: Once you have decided on a venue, check to see if the date you have chosen is available. It’s a good idea to book as far in advance as possible to ensure that you have the date you want.
- Book accommodation: Depending on the size of your wedding, you may need to book multiple rooms for your guests. Make sure to book well in advance to ensure that everyone has a place to stay.
- Choose an event space: Consider the size of the rooms available and the amount of guests you will have to accommodate. Do you want round tables or long tables so that guests can mingle? Do you want a dance floor?
- Select a menu: Stand-up cocktail style or sit down banquet? Shared plates are also becoming increasingly popular. Be sure to specify any dietary restrictions that may apply and discuss any special requests you may have.
- Hire vendors: You may need to hire additional vendors for your destination wedding. This could include florists, photographers, musicians, and more. Make sure to get quotes from multiple vendors and compare rates to ensure you are getting the best deal.
- Plan transportation: Transport will be needed for guests arriving from the airport or train station. Consider hiring a shuttle service or arranging car rentals for your guests.
- Prepare an itinerary: An itinerary will help keep guests on schedule and ensure that everyone knows what is happening throughout the day. This could include times for the ceremony, reception and any other activities or events you have planned.
- Have fun: Above all, have fun and enjoy your destination wedding. This day is all about celebrating the love you share with each other and creating wonderful memories.
By following these tips, you can have a beautiful destination wedding! Whether you choose a small intimate wedding or a large affair, your wedding day will be one to remember.